couchdb-erlang mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB on etop
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:45:50 GMT
Hi there,

I just tried to run etop against CouchDB inspired by one G+ post that
provided shortcut script. I'd added -sname 'couchdb@localhost' (yes,
with single quotes around the node name) argument for CouchDB startup
and successfully located erlang cookie within couchdb user home dir
(/var/lib/couchdb for me).

The result command to run etop was looked as:

erl -name etop-`date +%s` -hidden -s etop -s erlang halt \
  -output text -node couchdb@127.0.0.1 -setcookie secret \
  -tracing off -sort msg_q -interval 5

But it had failed with an error:

Erlang R16B (erts-5.10.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:10]

Eshell V5.10.1  (abort with ^G)
(etop-1374045535@ashdarh.enlashor)1> Error Couldn't connect to node
'couchdb@127.0.0.1'

and CouchDB didn't log any error messages about unwelcome connections
from outside. I couldn't use couchdb@localhost for -node argument
since it produce invalid node name error. Using long node name also
was with no luck.

Actually, I'd successfully solve my problem with entop[1] help, but
wonder why erl command ahd failed to connect? Probably, entop handles
connection right somewhere deep in sources and I feel the problem is
too trivial, but looks I'd missed something...

[1]: https://github.com/mazenharake/entop

--