couchdb-erlang mailing list archives

From Garren Smith ...@redcometlabs.com>
Subject First Couchdb Patch help
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:16:12 GMT

Hi Guys,

I want yo submit a patch to couchdb. If you request the couchdb logs (http://127.0.0.1:5984/_log)
I want the option of getting them returned in json format. This makes it much easier to work
with the logs in javascript. I've done a first attempt here - https://gist.github.com/4037682
Basically replace from line 251 onwards in file couch_httpd_misc_handlers.erl, compile, run
then curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/_log?format=json for JSON log output.

I've added the format="json" q-value for when the request wants it to be formatted in json.
Hopefully there is a better way of doing this. Some things I would like checked:

1) Is there a easier way of formatting the code to json or a less splitting of code by brackets
etc to get the Json?
2) Is the code formatted correctly for couchdb?
2) Should the json helper methods be in couch_httpd_misc_handlers.erl or couch_log.erl?
3) Am I remotely on the right track here, I'm very new to erlang so welcome any feedback.
I will happily accept the statement "Garren you clearly are clueless, step back and let the
pros do this kind of work"?

Cheers
Garren