couchdb-erlang mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: starting on metrics
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:13:55 GMT
The idea here is good but I'm not at all a fan of the implementation. First
off, no way should we be choosing a specific stats collection protocol.
They're just too specific to a particular operations/infra configuration
that anything we pick is going to be inadequate for a non trivial number of
users.

OTOH, I think it would be a very good idea to sit down and design the stats
API to be pluggable. We already have two rough sides to the API (collection
vs reporting). If we sat down and designed a collection API that would then
talk to a configurable reporting API it'd allow for users to do a number of
cool things with stats.