couchdb-erlang mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: starting on metrics
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 03:58:49 GMT
> Well, it would be nice to provide a clean internal API for storage,
> then use that for the default HTTP plugin, yeah?

Not sure what you mean by storage here. I would say the first step is the
API for collection which is just the "couch_stats:incr(Key)" type of
discussion. The HTTP plugin would then just be a thing that provides an
implementation for those functions and has an HTTP handler to report.For
more complicated bits like statsd/riemann/collectd the plugin would just do
what's necessary to forward on the collected metrics.