couchdb-erlang mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Erlang design documents
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:51:42 GMT
Hi, Couchers!

Probably this question is not about how to hack into CouchDB internals
with Erlang, but how to use Erlang with CouchDB. Since there is native
support of Erlang query server it's reasonable to try use Erlang ddoc
functions to solve bottlenecks (Erlang filters are extremely fast) and
just use Erlang to write couchapps. Since there is a lot of
information about JavaScript couchapps, I feel confused with trying to
write non-hello-world Erlang functions: shows/lists/vdu. While
JavaScript one has special execution context (provides, registerType,
start, send, getRow, require etc.) I wonder what could be used with
Erlang. Is there getRow function and how it supposed to work? What
about others? CommonJS modules interface is supported or there is
another, better way to import inline ddoc modules?

I think this information would be useful for all of us. Thanks(:

--