couchdb-erlang mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Erlang design documents
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:18:07 GMT
Hi,

The relevant code is in couch_native_process.erl and is, afaik, the
best documentation on the rarely-used native view server.

Functions are declared in bindings/3 and named as follows;

Log
Emit
Start
Send
GetRow
FoldRows

CommonJS is not supported in the native view server.

Finally, and obviously, this view server is not well documented, and
perhaps usage should be discouraged as there is no sandbox, any
command can be executed as the user that couchdb is running as within
any callback function (which is one compelling reason not to run
couchdb as root, among many).

B.