couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] couchdb 4.0 transactional semantics
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2020 15:38:10 GMT
I'm having trouble following the thread...

On 14/07/2020 14:56, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
> For cases where you’re not concerned about the snapshot isolation (e.g. streaming an
entire _changes feed), there is a small performance benefit to requesting a new FDB transaction
asynchronously before the old one actually times out and swapping over to it. That’s a pattern
I’ve seen in other FDB layers but I’m not sure we’ve used it anywhere in CouchDB yet.

How does _changes work right now in the proposed 4.0 code?

-Joan