couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] amend the bylaws
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2019 21:37:16 GMT
+1 also, though there’s a single grammar point to address that I noted in the github diff
thingy.

B.

> On 1 Jul 2019, at 18:01, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> Also for others fighting GitHub's side scrolly thing, this article
> made review significantly easier:
>
> https://www.viget.com/articles/dress-up-your-git-diffs-with-word-level-highlights/
>
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 9:55 AM Naomi S <nomi@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>>
>> hello,
>>
>> I have prepared a pull request that amends the bylaws:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/couchdb-www/pull/31
>>
>> this PR makes two changes:
>>
>> - Add explicit <p> elements to fix display issue
>>
>> - Remove redundant and potentially confusing paragraph about the chair
>>
>> The first sentence of this paragraph repeats some of the text in the previous paragraph.
The second sentence covers powers and responsibilities shared with the PMC, and stating this
in this section runs the risk of implying that the chair has special powers, which is not
the case. (See § 3.8. Decision Types)

>> - General copyedit for style, grammar, spelling, etc.
>>
>> - Detab the file and fix some minor HTML formatting issues
>>
>> because this is a change to the bylaws, the PR requires voting and a lazy 2/3 majority
(binding votes: PMC members) to pass

>> for convenience, I have attached the commits as patches to this email. I hope they
get through the list filters

>> please cast your vote now
>>
>> in three or more days, I will tally the votes and announce the result
>>
>> thank you!
>>
>> P.S. I made the copyedit change because, as it turns out, my writing has improved
a lot since 2015. I have, to the best of my ability, preserved the meaning and intent of the
text