couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB and future
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2019 18:54:23 GMT
So I realize this is maybe hijacking the thread a bit, but I’d like to learn more about any
issues that make CouchDB 2.3.1 more difficult to manage than CouchDB 1.x. Certainly I get
the increased overhead associated with a replicated, sharded cluster, but if you configure
a modern CouchDB server to behave like 1.x by disabling clustering (i.e., setting Q=N=1) —
do you still find that we’ve regressed with respect to stability and maintenance overhead?
That’s not my personal experience, but if there are regressions I’d like to get them documented
and addressed if possible.

Adam

> On Jul 8, 2019, at 2:44 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> CouchDB 1.x is no longer supported, even for security updates.
>
> CouchDB 4.0, the one with foundationdb, will reinstate a few couchdb 1.x semantics, particularly
in the _changes response.

> B.
>
>> On 8 Jul 2019, at 16:24, Chintan Mishra <chintan@rebhu.com> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. I started using CouchDB since 2.0+. So, I am not aware of the benefits
of the older versions. I will look into those releases. However, it appears that they won't
be maintained in the future.