couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Khlopotov <iil...@apache.org>
Subject Maintainig two codebases
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 13:48:51 GMT
There are ongoing discussions about rebasing CouchDB on top of FoundationDB. It seems like
the community is in agreement that it is worth it to try. This would mean that we would be
supporting and extending two quite separate codebases. How are we going to do it?

Possible options are:
- brand new repository
- separate branch which we would treat as master for FDB rebase project

I think that separate branch approach has a number of disadvantages:
- CI might require different dependencies
- It would be awkward to open GH issues since we would have to always refer to the project
we are talking about
- There would be little friction when we open PR since the correct base branch would need
to be selected

Best regards,
iilyak