couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re klaemo/couchdb removal
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:25:26 GMT
Thanks for the heads up Clemens, feel free to loop in Joel here on the list for future discussion.
Let’s see if they can get the official repo into an update and only look for a contingency
plan when that doesn’t work out.

Best
Jan
—

with Jan and Joan here: https://github.com/apache/couchdb-docker/issues/133 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb-docker/issues/133>

> Now, I got an email from npm (see below) telling me that this broke some of their enterprise
products. 🙊
> I've already answered them explaining the situation and asking if they could use the
official version even if it's one of the unsupported tags of the 1.x series.

> They followed up by saying they'll try to push out updates using the official image:
>> We will continue to work on pushing updates using the official image. However, if
this does not work, perhaps we can revisit this considering an option which lowers risk while
getting some users back on line (such as publishing the official image under  the tag).

> Any advice on dealing with this situation?
>
> Cheers,
> Clemens

product. About a week ago, the klaemo/couchdb image you maintain on Docker Hub was replaced
with a no-op image. A legacy enterprise product of ours depends on this image and we now have
customers who are affected by its removal.

>> We were hoping you might be willing to replace it with a working version in order
to restore operation for those who depend on it (we are likely not the only ones affected).
We were able to duplicate the image and will be pushing it out to as many customers as we
can soon. However, having this restored would be beneficial either as a stop-gap would be
much appreciated.