couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.3.1 RC2
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:03:25 GMT

> On 19. Feb 2019, at 13:14, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
> sha512 checksum - verified
> sha256 checksum - missing

musta been a case of the eventual consistencies, the file should be there now.

> signature - good
>
> eunit tests - pass
> js tests - crashes at delayed_commits.js with
>
> "test/javascript/tests/delayed_commits.js
>    Error: Failed to execute HTTP request: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 15984:
Connection refused”

Funny this one, I thought this was local to my setup s I had no one else complain about it.
AFAICT it’s a mac only issue that I went see-no-evil-monkey on since I couldn’t be bothered
to have more than a cursory look, which I had and nothing stood out. Personally, I’m treating
this as “wontfix, wait for elixir suite”. Happy to take it out of the list of tests until
then, but shoulnd’t IMHO block the release.

Best
Jan
—

> --
>  Robert Samuel Newson
>  rnewson@apache.org
>
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2019, at 11:20, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> Convenience Mac binary is up here:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.3.1/rc.2/
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> —
>>> On 19. Feb 2019, at 12:13, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear community,
>>>
>>> I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 2.3.1-RC2.
>>>
>>> Candidate release notes:
>>>
>>> https://docs.couchdb.org/en/2.3.1/whatsnew/2.3.html#version-2-3-1
>>>
>>> Changes since last time:
>>>
>>> - built rebar with Erlang 17.4.1 (h/t Nick)
>>>
>>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts
so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to
vote on this release, so dig right in!

>>> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>>>
>>>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.3.1/rc.2/
>>>
>>> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.
>>>
>>> Please follow the test procedure here:
>>>
>>>  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>>>
>>> Please remember that "RC2" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts
will be released as Apache CouchDB 2.3.1.