couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Clemens Stolle <kla...@apache.org>
Subject Re klaemo/couchdb removal
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:47:54 GMT
Hey there,

about a week ago I replaced klaemo/couchdb with an empty image. This was done after discussion
with Jan and Joan here: https://github.com/apache/couchdb-docker/issues/133 <https://github.com/apache/couchdb-docker/issues/133>

Now, I got an email from npm (see below) telling me that this broke some of their enterprise
products. 🙊
I've already answered them explaining the situation and asking if they could use the official
version even if it's one of the unsupported tags of the 1.x series.

They followed up by saying they'll try to push out updates using the official image:
> We will continue to work on pushing updates using the official image. However, if this
does not work, perhaps we can revisit this considering an option which lowers risk while getting
some users back on line (such as publishing the official image under  the tag).

Any advice on dealing with this situation?

Cheers,
Clemens