couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: removing view changes code from mrview
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 12:25:46 GMT
+1

> On 3. Apr 2018, at 14:15, Eiri <eiri@eiri.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> It is my understanding that a current implementation of view changes in mrview is conceptually
broken. I heard from Robert Newson that he and Benjamin Bastian found that some time ago doing
testing with deletion and recreation of docs emitting same keys in the views.

> I propose to remove view changes code from mrview and its mention from documentation,
as it seem that people keep trying to use those for filtered replication or getting a false
impression that it's a simple fix in fabric. Not to mention that the current implementation
quite complicates mrviews code and takes space in view files with building unneeded seq and
kseq btrees.

> We can re-implement this feature later in more robust way as there are clearly a demand
for it. Please share your opinion.