couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Clack <ericcl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB running on the Raspberry Pi?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2018 12:11:58 GMT
Hi Michael, Ben and Johs,
Thanks for your responses.

I've found for my (admittedly small) projects Couch works pretty well on
the Pi (version 2). It's a great solution to the problem of where to store
metadata, and how to query it easily. The only performance problem I saw
was when reducing and grouping queries, e.g. here I used a memo to cache
results:
https://github.com/ericclack/clojure-photo-bank/blob/master/src/clj/clojure_photo_bank/models/db.clj#L45
...running the query took about 5 seconds for around 4000 records. That's
not great, but for everything else Couch was easily fast enough.

I'm going to explore Erlang packages for Raspbian and then look at
compiling a few different versions of CouchDB to see if I can at least get
some good bug reports to the right team.

Many thanks,
-Eric.

--
Eric Clack