couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.1-RC2
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 20:13:52 GMT
Actually...we have *multiple* CI pipelines that run on every check-in across multiple versions
of Erlang and multiple operating systems:

Travis CI: https://travis-ci.org/apache/couchdb
Jenkins CI: https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/CouchDB/branches/

Those CI pipelines also have status badges on our main GitHub repo:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb

So yes, we are doing lots of automated testing, and it is a Very Good Thing for our project.
:D

However, the Apache Software Foundation *official* release policy is more involved and *mandates*
human involvement in the form of a vote:

https://apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#approving-a-release

Here are CouchDB's specific policies and procedures on releases, which outline the specific
kinds of testing we require from our committers before voting on a release candidate:

http://couchdb.apache.org/bylaws.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Release+Procedure

Best,
Joan