couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <m...@jan.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 17:47:00 GMT
Heya,

Thanks for the exhaustive list. We have cleaning up our documentation high on the list for
past 2.1. Sorry you ran into all this, we'll take note for the future.

Cheers
Jan
--

> On 1. Aug 2017, at 10:28, support-tiger <support@tigernassau.com> wrote:
>
> first,  our other posts to this list have not been posted though we are subscribed and
get messages - is there a problem with the list ?  it is discouraging to take the time to
try to contribute and post findings and not have it posted or responded to

> Target: Fedora 26 :
>
> 1)  instructions for unix redhat need correcting  must add:
>
> a) sudo dnf install erlang - otherwise get "rebar" type errors
>
> b) recommend:  "sudo ./configure" and "sudo make"
>
> c) "make install" is not existant - should be added as non-critical bug
>
> d) "make release"  => error  "sudo make"  seems to compile okay
>
> e) compile process gives nice message "cp rel/couchdb ...."  but there is no rel/couchdb
created

> e) seems to compile okay but there is no /rel/couchdb folder
>
> f) other posts (ie Tecmint) show "cp -r rel/couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb .....
 - this seems wrong location for fedora - probably should be /var/lib/couchdb  but must create
the couchdb folder under /var/lib

> g) not sure what files should be under /rel/couchdb  to copy to /var/lib/couchdb  - any
suggestions here

> It seems like linux docs get less attention - this is backwards - couchdb is a server
based / enterprise package so linux ie debian/ubuntu and rhel/centos should be HIGHEST target
 and for rhel/centos,  fedora should be highest developer target  - well at least if you are
hoping for higher couchdb adoption

>> On 08/01/2017 02:42 AM, Joan Touzet wrote:
>> Following up to my own post - +1, Windows 7, Erlang 18.3, source build.
>>
>> Ran the setup wizard and also clicked the Verify button in Fauxton.
>>
>> That's 3 +1 binding votes...the RC will pass unless we have -1s or any
>> raised issues that suggest we should hold off on the release.
>>
>> Looking good!
>>
>> -Joan

that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote
on this release, so please explore!

>> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>>
>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz
>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.asc
>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.md5
>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha1
>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha256
>>
>> Please follow the test procedure here:
>>
>>     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>>
>> Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts
will be released as Apache CouchDB 2.1.0.

>> Per the terms of the CouchDB bylaws, a lazy majority is required for approval, with
binding votes counting only from PMC members. The vote will remain open for 72 hours, until
2017-08-03 @ 05:00.