couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From support-tiger <supp...@tigernassau.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 08:28:46 GMT
first,  our other posts to this list have not been posted though we are
subscribed and get messages - is there a problem with the list ?  it is
discouraging to take the time to try to contribute and post findings and
not have it posted or responded to

Target: Fedora 26 :

1)  instructions for unix redhat need correcting  must add:

a) sudo dnf install erlang - otherwise get "rebar" type errors

b) recommend:  "sudo ./configure" and "sudo make"

c) "make install" is not existant - should be added as non-critical bug

d) "make release"  => error  "sudo make"  seems to compile okay

e) compile process gives nice message "cp rel/couchdb ...."  but there
is no rel/couchdb created

e) seems to compile okay but there is no /rel/couchdb folder

f) other posts (ie Tecmint) show "cp -r rel/couchdb
/usr/local/var/lib/couchdb .....  - this seems wrong location for fedora
- probably should be /var/lib/couchdb  but must create the couchdb
folder under /var/lib

g) not sure what files should be under /rel/couchdb  to copy to
/var/lib/couchdb  - any suggestions here

It seems like linux docs get less attention - this is backwards -
couchdb is a server based / enterprise package so linux ie debian/ubuntu
and rhel/centos should be HIGHEST target  and for rhel/centos,  fedora
should be highest developer target  - well at least if you are hoping
for higher couchdb adoption

On 08/01/2017 02:42 AM, Joan Touzet wrote:
> Following up to my own post - +1, Windows 7, Erlang 18.3, source build.
>
> Ran the setup wizard and also clicked the Verify button in Fauxton.
>
> That's 3 +1 binding votes...the RC will pass unless we have -1s or any
> raised issues that suggest we should hold off on the release.
>
> Looking good!
>
> -Joan

any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on
this release, so please explore!

> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.asc
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.md5
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha1
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha256
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
>      https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>
> Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will
be released as Apache CouchDB 2.1.0.

> Per the terms of the CouchDB bylaws, a lazy majority is required for approval, with binding
votes counting only from PMC members. The vote will remain open for 72 hours, until 2017-08-03
@ 05:00.

--
Support Dept
Tiger Nassau, Inc.