couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 05:42:35 GMT
Following up to my own post - +1, Windows 7, Erlang 18.3, source build.

Ran the setup wizard and also clicked the Verify button in Fauxton.

That's 3 +1 binding votes...the RC will pass unless we have -1s or any
raised issues that suggest we should hold off on the release.

Looking good!

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joan Touzet" <wohali@apache.org>
To: "CouchDB Developers" <dev@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, 31 July, 2017 1:01:20 AM
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1

Dear community,

I would like to release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1.

Changes since our last release:

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/2.0.0...2.1.0-RC1

Or, in a nicer format:

    http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/2.1.html#version-2-1-0

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that any
critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this
release, so please explore!

The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.asc
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.md5
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha1
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha256

Please follow the test procedure here:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release

Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will be released
as Apache CouchDB 2.1.0.

Per the terms of the CouchDB bylaws, a lazy majority is required for approval, with binding
votes counting only from PMC members. The vote will remain open for 72 hours, until 2017-08-03
@ 05:00.

"Convenience binary" builds are being uploaded now; links will follow in a subsequent email.

Please cast your votes now.

Thanks,
Joan Touzet