couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 07:16:07 GMT
Amazing Work Joan, thank you!

Mac build is up here:

- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.1.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-apache-couchdb-2.1.0.zip
- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.1.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-apache-couchdb-2.1.0.zip.asc
- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.1.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-apache-couchdb-2.1.0.zip.sha256

This should update straight over your 2.0.0 configuration. Please let me know if you find
anything.

Note: there weren’t any changes to the Mac app since 2.0.0, just the CouchDB internals.

Note2: as always, make sure to have a backup of your data before you attempt an update.

Best
Jan
--

> On 31. Jul 2017, at 08:21, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> "Convenience binaries" are available for testing at the following locations, for the
following platforms:

> https://repo-nightly.couchdb.org/2.1.0-RC1/
>  - Debian/Ubuntu packages for jessie/trusty/xenial, amd64 only
>  - RedHat/CentOS packages for el6/el7, x86_64 only
>  - Configured as real repositories
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/win/2.1.0/couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.msi
>  - Windows 7 and up, x64 only
>
> Reminder: Do not distribute these outside of our community. They are for testing only,
and not for voting on. Once an actual release is cut, these will be removed.

> -Joan

any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on
this release, so please explore!

> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.asc
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.md5
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha1
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha256
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
>    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>
> Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will
be released as Apache CouchDB 2.1.0.

> Per the terms of the CouchDB bylaws, a lazy majority is required for approval, with binding
votes counting only from PMC members. The vote will remain open for 72 hours, until 2017-08-03
@ 05:00.