couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 07:21:20 GMT
+1

Mac OS X 10.12.5, source build.

I found one snag, but I don’t think we should hold the release for that: offline docs link
in fauxton links to docs/contents.html, but that doesn’t exist, and it’s index.html

IF we have to do an rc2, we should fix that.

Best
Jan
--

> On 31. Jul 2017, at 09:16, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Amazing Work Joan, thank you!
>
> Mac build is up here:
>
> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.1.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-apache-couchdb-2.1.0.zip
> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.1.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-apache-couchdb-2.1.0.zip.asc
> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.1.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-apache-couchdb-2.1.0.zip.sha256
>
> This should update straight over your 2.0.0 configuration. Please let me know if you
find anything.

> Note: there weren’t any changes to the Mac app since 2.0.0, just the CouchDB internals.
>
> Note2: as always, make sure to have a backup of your data before you attempt an update.
>
> Best
> Jan
> --
>

>> On 31. Jul 2017, at 08:21, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> "Convenience binaries" are available for testing at the following locations, for
the following platforms:

>> https://repo-nightly.couchdb.org/2.1.0-RC1/
>> - Debian/Ubuntu packages for jessie/trusty/xenial, amd64 only
>> - RedHat/CentOS packages for el6/el7, x86_64 only
>> - Configured as real repositories
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/win/2.1.0/couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.msi
>> - Windows 7 and up, x64 only
>>
>> Reminder: Do not distribute these outside of our community. They are for testing
only, and not for voting on. Once an actual release is cut, these will be removed.

>> -Joan

that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote
on this release, so please explore!

>> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>>
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.asc
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.md5
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha1
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha256
>>
>> Please follow the test procedure here:
>>
>>   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>>
>> Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts
will be released as Apache CouchDB 2.1.0.

>> Per the terms of the CouchDB bylaws, a lazy majority is required for approval, with
binding votes counting only from PMC members. The vote will remain open for 72 hours, until
2017-08-03 @ 05:00.