couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 06:21:26 GMT
All,

"Convenience binaries" are available for testing at the following locations, for the following
platforms:

https://repo-nightly.couchdb.org/2.1.0-RC1/
  - Debian/Ubuntu packages for jessie/trusty/xenial, amd64 only
  - RedHat/CentOS packages for el6/el7, x86_64 only
  - Configured as real repositories

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/win/2.1.0/couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.msi
  - Windows 7 and up, x64 only

Reminder: Do not distribute these outside of our community. They are for testing only, and
not for voting on. Once an actual release is cut, these will be removed.

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joan Touzet" <wohali@apache.org>
To: "CouchDB Developers" <dev@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, 31 July, 2017 1:01:20 AM
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1

Dear community,

I would like to release Apache CouchDB 2.1.0-RC1.

Changes since our last release:

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/2.0.0...2.1.0-RC1

Or, in a nicer format:

    http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/2.1.html#version-2-1-0

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that any
critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this
release, so please explore!

The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.asc
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.md5
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha1
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.1.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.1.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha256

Please follow the test procedure here:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release

Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will be released
as Apache CouchDB 2.1.0.

Per the terms of the CouchDB bylaws, a lazy majority is required for approval, with binding
votes counting only from PMC members. The vote will remain open for 72 hours, until 2017-08-03
@ 05:00.

"Convenience binary" builds are being uploaded now; links will follow in a subsequent email.

Please cast your votes now.

Thanks,
Joan Touzet