couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject CouchDB 2.0 and "Intuitive HTTP/JSON API and designed for Reliability" for couchapps
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 10:47:59 GMT
Hi,
we have been using Couch 1.6 with a patch for the rewrite function, but I wanted to see how
2.0 in single node mode was doing these past two days.
The test case was a rather big web site with a few databases holding a few thousand documents,
images, PDF attachments. It is performing very well on Couch 1.6

Moving it from the cloud instance offline to a local Mac was as straigthforward as replication
can be and with a few tweeks to the configration the site popped up on my iMac with all bells
and whistles. That is, a few records did not replicate from Couch 1.6 on Ubuntu/AWS to my
local Mac.

But what quickly turned out to be a bigger problem was that attachments did not load into
the browser reliably.
CSS files and images would sometimes load, somtimes not. Normally the CSS files would load
once and cache in the browser, but that did not prevent pages from loaded occationally as
if the css file was missing (not with a 404, just show a red GET in the inspector without
an error code).
I seem to remember that there was a discussion about Etags in 2.0, but dont know if this is
the issue here.
Strange things like the images coming up instead of the requested images also happened.
Safari was a lot worse than Chrome.

Could anyone tell me if these are known bugs that are fixed in 2.1?

Best regards,
johs