couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject 2.1
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 17:41:35 GMT
Hi all,

we should get CouchDB 2.1 out soon and the test suite situation is a somewhat annoying blocker,
so I’m proposing something that might sound unusual: disable the failing tests.

All test failures are intermittent and we must absolutely address this, but since nobody picked
this up since February, I think we need a new plan.

The one other issue is that the replication manager was merged recently and is still fairly
new code, so I’m proposing this:

1. Fork 2.1.x off of master just before the replication scheduler merge.

    1.1. backport any other fixes in master to 2.1.x that happened after the replication scheduler.

2. Disable all failing tests.

3. Start the release procedure.

4. Fix tests on master for 2.2, which then also can include the replication schedule.

If there are no objections, I’m happy to prepare the 2.1.x branch early next week.

Best
Jan