couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Rumbai <mrak...@outlook.com>
Subject Restore single database in cluster and shards mode.
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 13:04:48 GMT
Hi Developers,

I have been searching for a way to restore a single database. I have not got much luck searching
in the docs and hoping someone could give me input, perhaps best practice on backup/restore
on couchdb.

Schenario: We have 3 servers in cluster and shards. One database is deleted and we have a
volume snapshot before it was deleted.

My understading, I should be able to replace _db.couch file and replaceing individual shard
files for all 3 servers. This does work to a degree, after replacing the _db.couch and shards
files, I was able to list the restored database (using _all_dbs) and view the restored documents
(using <dbname>/_all_docs). However, after couchdb restart, it went back to the original
list with the restored database missing, eventhough the shard files still around.