couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Garth Gutenberg <garth.gutenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Restoring a single DB in a cluster
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 21:50:28 GMT
Hello developers.  I can't find any documentation on this, so if it exists,
please point me at it.  Otherwise, I need some input.

What is the official, sanctioned way to restore a DB in a cluster
configuration?

Scenario:
3 servers in a cluster.  A client deletes a bunch of docs from their DB, or
some other DB-specific catastrophe happens.  What is the correct approach
for restoring this DB from a backup?  Let's assume that I have disk
snapshots of every node in the cluster taken at *approximately* the same
time from the day before.

In the old days, pre-cluster, it was as simple as just copying the
<db>.couch file... but with shards and clusters, this just doesn't seem
feasible.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.