couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 09:39:58 GMT

> On 8 Mar 2017, at 16:18, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Good news everyone!
>
> The fine folks from ASF Infra have finally migrated our main CouchDB repo to GitBox.
>
> GitBox you ask? It’s the ASF’s new git infrastructure that is more tightly integrated
with GitHub.

> This means we now can:
> - commit directly to GitHub and get auto-mirrored to the ASF.
> - use GitHub issues and PRs natively (YAAAAAY).
>
> For today, only couchdb.git has been migrated, but the rest will follow soon (the next
in line are fauxton.git, nano.git, documentation.git and docker.git).

Heyall, these have been moved already, faster than we expected. This means that master is
currently not working, but we have a PR going that will address this once CI comes back: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/453/files?w=1

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best
Jan
--

> With the upcoming monorepo merge, we’ll then see what’s left and migrate those over,
too.

> * * *
>
>> Jan, I’m a CouchDB Developer, what do I have to do now?
>
> There are two options:
>
> #1 stay on Apache Infrastructure
>
> All you need to do is change your git remote to https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git
>
> If your remote is `origin`, then run `git remote set-url origin https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git`
and you are good to go. It will ask for your ASF credentials.

> #2 use the new GitHub integration
>
> Go to https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/ and do the oauth dance with Apache M.A.T.T and
then GitHub and then wait (up to) 30 minutes (10 and 40 past the hour respectively). Note:
this requires you to have 2FA set up on your GitHub account.