couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Announcing the CouchDB Dev Summit 2017
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:02:17 GMT
Dear CouchDB Developer Community,

In tradition with similar meetings in 2008 (Asheville, NC) and 2012 (Boston, MA), we are holding
our third CouchDB Developer Summit, this time in Cambridge, MA on Feb 10-12th.

The goal of the dev summit is to continue the discussion about the CouchDB roadmap for the
next five years, including time to talk about concrete implementation plans for new features,
and maybe even some time to write code together.

The result of the summit will be an updated roadmap draft as well as in-depth discussions
captured in our issue tracker. We won’t make any decisions in the summit, as only the dev@
mailing list has this power.

That is to say: the summit will produce recommendations for the CouchDB development community
that then will be refined on our mailing lists and issue tracker as usual.

In the past, we’ve found that with a small group and the opportunity for high-bandwidth,
face-to-face communication, we are getting a lot done that we can then take into the larger
community. For that reason, we have again decided to make this an invite-only event. Final
attendance is still in flux, but we will have a healthy mix of corporate and open source contributors
as well as representatives of family projects like PouchDB and Hoodie.

IBM and Neighbourhoodie Software* have graciously agreed to help organise as well as sponsor
this event with travel, accommodation and a meeting-venue for the attendees. We’d like to
thank them for their commitment to moving Apache CouchDB forward.

If you happen to be in the area, we are meeting for a get-together on the evening of Friday,
February 10th. We’ll announce the exact time and location at a later date.

If you have any questions, do let me know.

Best
Jan
--
Apache CouchDB PMC Chair