couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Reddy B. <redd...@live.fr>
Subject Couchdb views crashing for large documents
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 15:06:32 GMT
Hello all !

Does somebody have any idea regarding the following ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40752578/couchdb-views-crashing-for-large-documents

I've copied and pasted the question below for easy skimming :

up votedown votefavorite<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40752578/couchdb-views-crashing-for-large-documents#>

Couchdb keeps crashing whenever I try to build the index of the views of a design document
emitting values for large documents. The total size of the database is 40 MB and I guess the
documents are about 5 MB each. We're talking about large JSON without any attachment.

What concerns me is that I have 2.5 GB of free ram before trying to access the views but as
soon as I try to access them, the CPU usage raises to 99% and all the free RAM gets eaten
by erl.exebefore the indexing fails with exit code 1.

Here is the log:

[info] 2016-11-22T22:07:52.263000Z couchdb@localhost <0.212.0> -------- couch_proc_manager
<0.15603.334> died normal

[error] 2016-11-22T22:07:52.264000Z couchdb@localhost <0.15409.334> b9855eea74 rexi_server
throw:{os_process_error,{exit_status,1}} [{couch_mrview_util,get_view,4,[{file,"src/couch_mrview_util.erl"},{line,56}]},{couch_mrview,query_view,6,[{file,"src/couch_mrview.erl"},{line,244}]},{rexi_server,init_p,3,[{file,"src/rexi_server.erl"},{line,139}]}]

Views skipping these documents can be accessed without issue. Which general guidelines could
you provide me to help with this kind of situation? I am using couchdb 2.0 on windows.

Many thanks

        Tried to increase the size of couchjs using various values for ./bin/couchjs -S MAX_RAM_TO_USE_IN_BYTES
./share/server/main.js without success.

I noticed that several instances of couchjs are started when I try to access the view perhaps,
is there a way to restrict the number of concurrent couchjs instances to 1 ?