couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Three nodes locally - problem with node names
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 22:55:51 GMT
Hi all,

I have a simple setuo with three directories:

node-1
node-2
node-3

I copied the contents of the rel directory after I created a release
with "make release". My target is to have three nodes running on a
different port (5981, 5982, 5983). So to set this up I change local.ini.

I started node-3/couchdb/bin/couchdb on port 5983. When trying to start
node-2/couchdb/bin/couchdb I get the expected error

Protocol 'inet_tcp': the name couchdb@localhost seems to be in use by
another Erlang node

So I changed in node-2/couchdb.config the setting for the node_name to

{node_name, "-name couchdb-2@localhost"}.

As far as I can see, this should be used in node-2/overlay/etc/vm.args in

# Each node in the system must have a unique name.  A name can be short
# (specified using -sname) or it can by fully qualified (-name).  There
# can be no communication between nodes running with the -sname flag
# and those running with the -name flag.
{{node_name}}

But I still get the error from above.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help! CouchDB 2.0 is a blast

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk