couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.0.0-rc.1
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 19:04:34 GMT
Windows 10, using the Windows installer.

MD5 OK.
Installed successfully, Fauxton working, setup in single node mode, created
test database and a few docs. All good. A few non-blocking incidents:

   - Windows did not trust the installer, which might put cautious users
   off.
   - It ignored my attempt to change the installation directory to
   D:\CouchDB and just installed in C:\CouchDB.
   - The installed program did not appear in Control Panel, Programs and
   Features. But then I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it did appear. Maybe
   that was just a glitch.
   - Running couchdb.cmd brings up a shell saying "Kernel-poll not
   supported; "K" parameter ignored". Not a big problem, but it would be nice
   to avoid errors.

None of these is a showstopper, so +1 for release.

Nick