couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joey Samonte <csharpdevelo...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Adding a node to cluster
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 20:47:04 GMT
Does this mean that setting up replication is separate from setting up clustering?

Does replication needs to be bi-directional between nodes?

> From: rnewson@apache.org
> Subject: Re: Adding a node to cluster
> Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:10:45 +0100
> To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
>
> Ok, seems I've confused you.
>
> Couchdb replication occurs over http or https, as you know. The nodes in a couchdb 2.0
cluster do not communicate with each other over http. They use Erlang rpc. Erlang rpc can
be configured for TLS encryption.  It's in the Erlang faq and is fairly simple to set up in
newer Erlang releases.

SSL connections, port 6984? https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_enable_SSL

> >> Subject: Re: Adding a node to cluster
> >> From: rnewson@apache.org
> >> Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:43:51 +0100
> >> To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
> >>
> >> Assuming you mean a 2.0 cluster, no, all those nodes need to be able to communicate
with erlang rpc (service discovery over port 4369 and then whatever port the node is running
ong).

is behind a reverse proxy (nginx) configured as HTTPS?