couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shards database name error in logs
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 08:17:18 GMT

> On 15 Sep 2016, at 00:00, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
> cassim was removed from the 2.0 release though. I guess we forgot to tell the setup application
not to try creating it.

That one is on me, since I did both the setup and the cassim remove, sorry about that. We’ll
list that in the known issues for 2.0.0. I’ve already committed a fix to couchdb-setup:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb-setup.git;h=e8d1e32 — issue filed here,
so it shows up for people on 2.0.0 looking for “known issues” (https://s.apache.org/couchdb-2.0-known-issues):

Best
Jan
--

> B.
>
>> On 14 Sep 2016, at 18:17, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Paul,
>>
>> _metadata is our special database which is valid.
>> https://github.com/apache/couchdb-cassim/blob/master/src/cassim_metadata_cache.erl#L63-L64
>> --
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm pretty sure its saying that you're trying to create a database
>>> named _metadata which isn't a valid database name for two reasons.
>>> First, we require db names to start with a letter for file system
>>> compatibility and to avoid surprises (ie, if someone tried to name a
>>> database "../foo"). Second, we generally reserve the _ prefix in all
>>> API places for CouchDB internal use.

Only lowercase characters (a-z)