couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Eiri <e...@eiri.ca>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.0.0-rc.1
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 18:32:32 GMT
CentOS 7.2, erlang 17.5

Verified sig and checksums, all is good, though sha256sum (version 8.22) doesn’t like format
of apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz.sha256 file

`make check` passed. I ran some simple tests: created db, added and updated a couple of docs,
deleted db, replicated db from Couch 1.6 — everything’s looking good.

+1

Regards,
Eric

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 10:53, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to call a vote Apache CouchDB 2.0.0-rc.1.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that
any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on
this release, so get stuck in!

> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.0.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz
>    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.0.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz.asc
>    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.0.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz.tar.gz.md5
>    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.0.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz.tar.gz.sha
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
>    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit
>
> Please remember that “rc.1” is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts
will be released as Apache CouchDB 2.0.0. If we are restarting the vote, we’ll get “rc.2”,
“rc.3” etc.

> Please also note, since this is the first vote on 2.0.0, we’re leaving the vote open
for a full five days instead of the usual 3.

> If you find *anything* out of the ordinary, please let us know asap. Doing votes is cheap,
but we have to make sure that this is a good release.