couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Phung <michelleph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB - Build # 163 - Still Failing
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 21:38:01 GMT
hey Bastian,

no way! we wouldn't revoke access for lack of activity. things come up, or sometimes we choose
to stop working on an aspect, but thats not grounds to revoke committer-ship. We made you
a committer because of the things you do, not the things you dont do :p

I really appreciate that you set this up for us and I'm so sorry no one stepped up to help
you maintain it.

Im not great at testing ( so i avoid it as much as possible) general, but i have worked with
Jenkins before and i was gonna ask if we had one set up so we could do some automation stuff
for Fauxton after the crazy rush of the release was over.

its cool to learn that we have one set up even if its not up to date.  i didn't realize we
did anymore. It sucks to hear you felt like no one helped you when you asked.

- Michelle

> On Sep 9, 2016, at 2:15 PM, Bastian Krol <bastian.krol@tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
>
>> On 09.09.2016 18:00, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> Bastian Krol has set up https://builds.apache.org/job/CouchDB/ for us.
>
> Hi,
>
> indeed I did the initial work of setting it up. I reported about that a few times here
on the mailing list. I also talked about the failing builds and asked for help with it - that
it would be good if folks start to look into it. Nothing ever came out of these requests.
No hard feelings here, but under this circumstances, without support from the CouchDB developers
as such, it made no sense to continue and so I stopped working on it.

> >> On 09 Sep 2016, at 17:27, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org
> >> <mailto:wohali@apache.org>> wrote:
> >> [...]
>>> Who's responsible for our Jenkins setup?
>
> Right now, to the best of my knowledge, no one is or feels responsible. I don't, as explained
above.

> You folks can proceed with the setup as you like - scrap it, fix it or let it sit and
ignore it as it has been the last few months :)

> *If* someone decides to pick it up I can of course provide some kind of handover or introduction
to the setup.

> While we're at it: When starting to work on this I was granted committer status. This
should probably be revoked now that I no longer doing any work for the CouchDB project.