couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.0.0-rc.1
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 17:34:33 GMT
All,

Sadly the build is broken on Windows. A change just yesterday to
how we populate the version number into the build wasn't tested,
and the approach is inoperative on Windows.

I am investigating the problem today and hope to have a fix in a
few hours.

Until then please keep testing the release on Linux/OSX and let us
know your findings.

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Vatamaniuc" <vatamane@gmail.com>
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 12:36:35 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.0.0-rc.1

Debian 8.5, Erlang 17

Downloaded, verifying signatures and hashes.

./configure && make && ./dev/run

Specific features tested:
 creating/deleted docs and databases
 replication (continuous, normal)
 replication filters (js, mango, view, doc_ids)
 small attachments

+1

Cheers,
-Nick

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have a also prepared a Mac OS X binary based on the 2.0.0.rc.1 source for your testing
pleasure, just note that this is for your convenience, we are not voting on this.

> There are a few TBD items inside the Mac app (like hooking up the right ini files and
logs), so if you are using the 1.x Mac App, things may get wonky. But it generally works :)

> If anything is really wonky, please try the source release to verify it’s not something
with the Mac app.

> Also remember to stop any 1.x CouchDB instances you might be running on port 5984.
>
> Enjoy:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.0.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-2.0.0.zip
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.0.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-2.0.0.zip.asc
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.0.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-2.0.0.zip.sha1
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.0.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-2.0.0.zip.256
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.0.0/rc.1/Apache-CouchDB-2.0.0.zip.md5
>
> Best
> Jan
> --
>
>> On 12 Sep 2016, at 15:53, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear community,
>>
>> I would like to call a vote Apache CouchDB 2.0.0-rc.1.
>>
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so
that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote
on this release, so get stuck in!

>> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>>
>>    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.0.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz
>>    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.0.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz.asc
>>    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.0.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz.tar.gz.md5
>>    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.0.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-2.0.0.tar.gz.tar.gz.sha
>>
>> Please follow the test procedure here:
>>
>>    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit
>>
>> Please remember that “rc.1” is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts
will be released as Apache CouchDB 2.0.0. If we are restarting the vote, we’ll get “rc.2”,
“rc.3” etc.

>> Please also note, since this is the first vote on 2.0.0, we’re leaving the vote
open for a full five days instead of the usual 3.

>> If you find *anything* out of the ordinary, please let us know asap. Doing votes
is cheap, but we have to make sure that this is a good release.