couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error updating database permissions
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 10:04:45 GMT
maybe you're mixing a dev/run setup with a proper (multi server) install? Hard to tell from
this.

You should _either_ have entries like these (for dev/run);

node1@127.0.0.1
node2@127.0.0.1
node3@127.0.0.1

or entries like these (for a production cluster)

couchdb@db1.somedomain.com
couchdb@db2.somedomain.com
couchdb@db3.somedomain.com

(or externally-resolvable ip addresses)

Look at the vm.args file for each node, that's where the -name is set.

> On 7 Sep 2016, at 21:40, Joey Samonte <csharpdeveloper@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I didn't add @localhost. It is there by default. Also, the "all_nodes" is not updated.
>
>> Subject: Re: Error updating database permissions
>> From: rnewson@apache.org
>> Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 20:59:16 +0100
>> To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
>>
>> @localhost isn't going to work, each node will need to be referenced by a name that
actually resolves to the node, so either want to use a domain name or the external ip address.

>>> On 7 Sep 2016, at 11:51, Joey Samonte <csharpdeveloper@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have followed the steps here:
>>> http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/cluster/index.html
>>>
>>> Or here:
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit
>>>
>>> But the nodes are not being added correctly. Are there any updated documentation
on setting up a cluster?

>>> I have added a node 2 to a cluster. From node 1, looking at _membership shows
this:

>>> {"all_nodes":["couchdb@localhost"],"cluster_nodes":["couchdb@xx.xx.xx.xx","couchdb@localhost"]}
>>>
>>> But looking at _membership at node 2, it shows differently:
>>>
>>> {"all_nodes":["couchdb@localhost"],"cluster_nodes":["couchdb@localhost"]}

have a fully-connected cluster right now. All nodes should be listed under both "all_nodes"
and "cluster_nodes" by every node in your cluster.

getting an error with a reason: no_majority.