couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can clustering be setup between nodes that only accept SSL connections?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:07:29 GMT
Yes, couchdb can be configured that way but my recommendation is to put something like haproxy
in front instead. The native ssl support in Erlang has a buggy history in my experience, though
I believe 18.x is working quite nicely. Further, with couchdb 2.0, you'll want a round-robin
loss balancer in front of them to fully enjoy the clustered fault tolerance.

For < 2.0, you just need to configure the httpsd daemon and comment out the httpsd one.
For 2.0, I'll have to research a little as I'm not sure the chttpd service is as rainy disabled.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 24 Aug 2016, at 21:08, Joey Samonte <csharpdeveloper@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good day,
>
> SSL is a must for us to secure our data. Can the CouchDB nodes in the cluster only allow
https, for example, on port 6984?