couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding a node to cluster
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:10:45 GMT
Ok, seems I've confused you.

Couchdb replication occurs over http or https, as you know. The nodes in a couchdb 2.0 cluster
do not communicate with each other over http. They use Erlang rpc. Erlang rpc can be configured
for TLS encryption.  It's in the Erlang faq and is fairly simple to set up in newer Erlang
releases.

I feel I owe an example of 2.0 cluster that exclusively uses TLS for all communications.

Sent from my iPhone

connections, port 6984? https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_enable_SSL

>> Subject: Re: Adding a node to cluster
>> From: rnewson@apache.org
>> Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:43:51 +0100
>> To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
>>
>> Assuming you mean a 2.0 cluster, no, all those nodes need to be able to communicate
with erlang rpc (service discovery over port 4369 and then whatever port the node is running
ong).

>>> On 24 Aug 2016, at 12:36, Joey Samonte <csharpdeveloper@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Good day,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to add a node to a cluster from Fauxton if the remote host is
behind a reverse proxy (nginx) configured as HTTPS?