couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Reddy B. <redd...@live.fr>
Subject Re: CouchDB 2.0 blog series
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 22:16:56 GMT
Hi Jenn,

Just to share two topics ideas for the Migration Guide :

- it would be great to have a guide focused on moving from a single node
CouchDb 1.6.x to a distributed cluster using 2.0 features. As a 1.6.x
user, this is the biggest quotation mark - and excitement I have. I
wouldn't feel any desire to migrate if it wasn't for that.

- Also, it would be very useful if there could be a post focused on
strategies to change the number of nodes safely (adding nodes and/or
removing nodes)  while already in production.

These are the two big things I am waiting with CouchDb 2.0 and I thought
it could be very likely that I'm not the only one in this situation, so
it could be interesting to make the information easily accessible :)