couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New contributor need help
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:34:35 GMT

> On 18 Jul 2016, at 12:21, Harald Kisch <haraldkisch@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> then I’m confused as to why you thought this was a good first-contributor
> issue?
>
> Because I know there are some issues, and if there would be some help, I
> would also go hands-on, too.
> This is your chance to have two developers staffed on, fixing the
> javascript issues.

I get that part, but that’s not how first-contributor issues work, they need clear 1. 2.
3. instructions, not some handwaving at a problem area ;)

We’ve got a lot to do in this area, but I’ve personally been putting it off in favour
of getting 2.0 out, which is still a bit of work.

We’ve been doing some good work on the Hoodie project that I’d like to bring over after
we’ve shipped 2.0 to increase contributions. We’ve written up some of our findings and
procedures here: http://hood.ie/blog/starter-issues.html (it works exceptionally well, that’s
why I want to bring these over).

If anyone wants to get started on this, feel free :)

Best
Jan