couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Jörg Schmidt <schm...@netzmerk.com>
Subject Re: Starting 2.0 Release Candidates
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:02:12 GMT
An update: The Arch linux CouchDB package already did similar things for
the 1.6 package [1] where it patched CouchDB to accept Erlang 18.

Johannes

[1]
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/erlang18.patch?h=packages/couchdb

On 14.07.2016 12:14, Johannes Jörg Schmidt wrote:
> I'm so exited about the release candidate I can't tell \o/ Thank you so
> much!
>
> I tried to install the RC on my Arch Linux system. Sadly on my machine
> is Erlang version 19 installed [1] but CouchDB requires Erlang up to
> version 18 but not 19 and therefore did not build.
>
> I thought I give it a shot and changed rebar.config.script and
> src/snappy/rebar.config to allow Erlang 19. The build went fine than but
> CouchDB didn't start:
>
> [ * ] Check node at http://127.0.0.1:15984/ ... failed: <urlopen error
> [Errno 111] Connection refused>
>
> I'm aware that this maybe was a silly try but why not :) - But what
> would it take to support Erlang 19?
>
> Johannes
>
> [1]: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/erlang-nox/
>
> On 13.07.2016 18:35, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> Dear dev@,
>>
>> it’s been about three years in the making, but I think we are now at a point where
we can start the CouchDB 2.0 release candidate phase.

>> Before we set the process in stone, please give the tarball linked below a try, as
if were the CouchDB 2.0 release, and please report any issues back.

>> The instructions in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit#heading=h.hxt36ze66vb3
(ignore the Docker bits above) should get you going with either a single-machine test cluster,
or a proper multi-node setup.