couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Fischböck" <m.fischbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System DB for Fauxton
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 20:25:12 GMT
Hi Garren,

I guess that depends on how sensitive the data in there would be. It's
not planned to store any passwords for remote servers, so the user would
need to enter those upon each replication. So in the worst case a user
would only see bookmarked databases on a remote server but would not be
able to access them. Given the fact that the same behavior is present on
a local machine I would assume this to be OK.
 From what I can tell with my limited knowledge of the internals it's
currently not possible to secure specific documents and would probably
cause some interference with replication as well.
So my solution would be to simply not store any sensitive there.

Regards,
Markus