couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Mayya Sharipova" <may...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Pluggable Storage Engine API
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:59:25 GMT
Hi Paul,
continuing our discussion here. You said that I need to configure the engine I open in the
tests:
{ok, Db} = couch_db:open_int(DbName, []),
#db{
     engine = {Engine, St}
} = Db,

What do you mean by configuration?  Is it the initialization you did in your tests:
{ok, Engine, St1} = test_engine_util:init_engine(),
https://github.com/cloudant/couchdb-couch/blob/45918-pluggable-storage-engines/src/test_engine_purge_docs.erl#L22

If by configuration we mean initialization, I guess the engine gets initialized while we are
opening a db: couch_db:open_int(DbName, []),
in couch_db_updater:
{ok, EngineState} = couch_db_engine:init(Engine, FilePath, Options).
https://github.com/cloudant/couchdb-couch/blob/45918-pluggable-storage-engines/src/couch_db_updater.erl#L29