couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Khlopotov" <iil...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Extra reference in a commit message
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 23:07:22 GMT

Hello,

We at Cloudant using our own bug tracker. Quite often we have two tickets
opened for the same problem.
One ticket is in ASF JIRA and another one in our internal bug tracker.
We have some automation, which compiles the issues we worked on in a
current release cycle.
However, it is extremely challenging to get it working right. Since it
needs to consult two independent trackers with no link between them.
We are considering adding a second reference in a commit message.

Does anyone have a strong opinion against it?
Would these unrelated references be too annoying for the community?

Best regards,
ILYA Khlopotov