couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extra reference in a commit message
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 00:23:47 GMT
This immediately struck me as not a good idea and I've been mulling it
over to try and figure out why. But I think Jan has nailed it here.
Anything that any private company needs changed in CouchDB needs to
move that through normal ASF procedures. Having conversations on
private bug trackers I think leads too easily to private conversations
off the dev list about development which we all know is bad for the
community.

Anyone that needs to track work on private issue trackers should
figure out how to make that private tracker line up to JIRA issues and
not vice versa. That said I wouldn't be opposed to looking into JIRA
to see if there are integration points that we could configure for
automated mirroring for anyone that wants it.

But yeah, what Jan said. Public bits are public and leaking private
bits into that pool is going to be at least confusing and very well
could end up being a whole lot worse.

Paul