couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 154 million voter records
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 06:44:27 GMT
That brings me to the point, that we do not have a CouchDB in the wild section here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Planet+CouchDB

@Alex - can you remember, where we wanted to put articles like that to?

Answering the question if we should add the article at all: yes we should. Even though it
is really unfortunate what happened,
it is a fact, that this is possible. But to take the good things out of this, we will help
users avoid such disasters with 2.0
by setting admin party off by default. That’s the story we should tell ...

All the best

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
RockIt!

Hamburg / Germany

GPG public key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4F1D0C59BC90917D

> On 23 Jun 2016, at 15:55, Reddy B. <reddy.b@live.fr> wrote:
>
> Yea that's the only positive... Now the nasty thing would be to add them to the CouchDb
in the Wild Page. Even though it's literally in the wild here

>> From: kxepal@gmail.com
>> Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:49:42 +0300
>> Subject: Re: 154 million voter records
>> To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
>>
>> Finally we are sure that CouchDB is used for really big data in the wild (:
>> --
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Link here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/hackers-breach-us-company-and-unwittingly-expose-154-million-voter-records-505553.shtml
>>>
>>> All the more reason to get 2.0 out which has admin-party off by default, and
to switch to private-by-default databases soon after.