couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On dependency management and CI issues associated with it
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:58:55 GMT
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:26 PM, Ilya Khlopotov <iilyak@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Thank you for you feedback and great discussion. It looks like I am the only one who
prefer multi-repo model (with tools assistance).

You're not alone, actually, but it's hard to fight with reality now. I
think we all agreed that multi-repo is good, but at some point of
decomposition all the profits get covered by growing number of
problems: infrastructure, tools, learning curve, workflow.

Actually, I did a notice to myself to look into how other projects has
same repos model and how they deal with it. I don't think we're unique
on this problem.

If we'll get the good solution for most of our current issues, we can
stay with what we have. I don't think there is somebody who would love
to fold the repos preserving history and else bits. But so far...

--