couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adam Kocoloski is now an IBM Fellow
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:00:45 GMT
Thanks Jan for sharing this, and thank you all for the congratulations! It’s quite an honor
and a humbling experience to be included in such an august group. The five Nobel prizes aside,
one of my predecessors quite literally wrote the rules <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codd's_12_rules>
for relational databases.

I can tell you that the work we’ve done together on this project over the years played no
small part in the Company’s deliberations. Open source contributions have been a part of
IBM’s DNA for nearly 20 years now, and this aspect of our business is only going to increase
in its importance, especially in the world of data and analytics. I’m proud to be both an
IBMer and a CouchDB developer and see a bright future for both organizations. Here’s to
Open Source!

Cheers, Adam