couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Change etag calculation
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2016 08:18:12 GMT
The original patch from garren calculated the md5(body) at query time. This was fine for just
local docs since fetching then is rare.

I'm +1 on the proposal and agree we need to precalculate the etag for regular docs.

> On 8 Apr 2016, at 19:01, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Mutton, James <jmutton@akamai.com> wrote:
>> Is the proposal to calculate and store the md5 as a meta field, or to calculate md5(_rev,
body) at request time?  Doing this at request time would be very expensive for heavily loaded
servers.